Some frequently asked questions:
How does it feel being back in Honduras? Great. It is wonderful to see friends and colleagues again, and I'm trying my best to appreciate the small beautiful moments.
How's your Spanish these days? Decent. Much better than when I arrived last year; nowhere near fluency, but I can usually communicate well enough to be understood.
What is your favorite part of life in Honduras? The pace of life and the flora and fauna of the tropics. I like having lazy afternoons where I can drop by people's houses and visit. The hibiscus and wild ginger flowers are gorgeous and the toucans and monkeys are endlessly entertaining.
Why and when are you leaving? I'll be flying out on December 20th, returning home to Juneau to spend Christmas with my family. I'm at the end of my two year contract/commitment with Samaritan's Purse.
What is coming next? The current plan is to live and work in Alaska, likely based in Anchorage. I'm looking forward to hiking, skiing, running, and enjoying another beautiful place.
![]() |
| a typical "traffic jam" on the roads here |
