As promised, if you visit me, you deserve your own blog post. Presenting: the Yates family.
They came to see me, and it was awesome.
Adam, Michelle, and Cole, I love you guys so much!! Thanks for visiting.
They came to see me, and it was awesome.
![]() |
| Cole, me, Michelle, and Adam on top of the water tower at Loma de Luz |
Michelle and Adam are great friends from residency. Their baby Cole is one of the most adorable children I have ever met, and I think I'm only a little biased.
They are getting ready to move to Ethiopia in a few months (check out their blog simpsonyates.blogspot.com) and when I said goodbye in December, I thought the next time I would see Cole he would be practically a grown man who didn't remember me. When they said they were going to come visit, I was thrilled.
Not only did they bring me my guitar and care packages from my community group and other friends, but they also were a taste of home just by their very presence. We spent a few days here at Loma de Luz, and it was wonderful for me to be able to show someone in person a glimpse of my life here.
We spent a long weekend in Roatan, where I got to spend more quality time with Cole, go running with Michelle, and in general just have downtime to chat and hang out before what will likely be a long separation.
| out to dinner on Roatan. Happy baby. |
