Looking at my smart phone today made me laugh. It is evidence not only of our connectedness in this era, but also of how many pieces of my heart are scattered all over the globe.
Due to varying connection speeds, compatibility of various phones and mobile devices with others, and personal preferences, and the idiosyncracies of technology, I've ended up with a plethora of apps to stay in touch. I use Google Hangouts to message J* and talk to M, What'sApp to text K and L and T, Skype to call when I don't want to start my computer, FaceTime to talk to B and M and M, Viber to message and call M, Facebook Messenger to set up Downton Abbey nights and running times with M and M and S, and iMessage for everything else.
Whew, I'm exhausted with that run down, but ever so thankful that I am able to stay connected to people I love!
*Initials used for privacy but also so I can keep everyone in order in my head!
Due to varying connection speeds, compatibility of various phones and mobile devices with others, and personal preferences, and the idiosyncracies of technology, I've ended up with a plethora of apps to stay in touch. I use Google Hangouts to message J* and talk to M, What'sApp to text K and L and T, Skype to call when I don't want to start my computer, FaceTime to talk to B and M and M, Viber to message and call M, Facebook Messenger to set up Downton Abbey nights and running times with M and M and S, and iMessage for everything else.
Whew, I'm exhausted with that run down, but ever so thankful that I am able to stay connected to people I love!
*Initials used for privacy but also so I can keep everyone in order in my head!