Wednesday, November 13, 2013

T minus 2 months

Time flies. It's less than 2 months until my ETA for Honduras. I'm working, seeing family and friends, running on the beach and surfing as often as I can knowing that I only have a few weeks left to enjoy those thing. I was blessed to participate in a missions event at my church. 


Connecting with people who were interested in Honduras as well as in my story was an awesome chance to share what God has done to lead me this far. I feel so privileged to be able to serve Him through my career that it is an added blessing that He is encouraging his church through my story. I'm reminded of our interview season for new residents when candidates visit and interview at our program. Answering their questions about the residency gets me excited and enthused again about how much I believe in our program and the incredible
training I got. Talking to people about Honduras reminds me of what an awesome work God has done just in guiding me to work at Loma de Luz, and it gets me excited about what He will do in the future. I think we all need those reminders sometimes. I love the story in Joshua 4 where God has the Israelites pile twelve rocks up at Gilgal as a reminder of what God had done in bringing them across the Jordan River. The missions event allowed me to review those figurative memorial stones that are set up in my life, reminding me of what God has done.