The downside to having an amazing vacation/trip is that it can be hard to return to real life. To combat these blues, I'm trying to keep my eyes open for the little things for which to be grateful.
- Smiling faces of friends who are happy to see me. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, perhaps.
- Extreme humidity means my skin and lips aren't dry anymore.
- Mango season is like a grownup Easter egg hunt. The mango trees are all heavy with ripe fruit that drops to the ground and lays there, decked in yellow or green or red. Sometimes a fruit rolls down the hill and it's hard to figure out where it came from. (Funny side note: the number of broken arms in our pediatric population also skyrockets during mango season from all their tree climbing).
- The beautiful manzanita trees that carpeted the ground with purple before I left are now growing little red pear-looking fruits that I can see from my kitchen window.
- Hugs from little girls who are overjoyed to see you are a priceless treasure.
- Fast internet. The best I've had in the world. Literally.