I got to spend the weekend in Roatan, an island off the coast here, which we can see in the distance on a clear day. My first impression was that it did not feel like Honduras at all. Almost every speaks English (English is actually the first language of many islanders; it's sort of a creole type of English), prices are often in dollars, and the part I spent the most time in was the touristy area, where there are restaurants and small shops, none of which exist in the area where I'm living.
Shout out to John and Eileen Holtan for adopting me as their second daughter for the weekend. Being in a beautiful place was so enjoyable when I was sharing it with wonderful people.
I filled up on delicious seafood and smoothies the size of my head.
I watched beautiful sunsets.
I went swimming and scuba diving in clear blue water.
The underwater life was amazing- beautiful corals, bright tropical fish (my favorite is the fairy basslet- see photo below), and best of all, sea turtles! The dive master had to chase me down a couple of times when I took off after a turtle; I just couldn't contain my excitement!
A yoga class and yoga done on a stand up paddle board completed the weekend.
Shout out to John and Eileen Holtan for adopting me as their second daughter for the weekend. Being in a beautiful place was so enjoyable when I was sharing it with wonderful people.
I filled up on delicious seafood and smoothies the size of my head.
I watched beautiful sunsets.
I went swimming and scuba diving in clear blue water.
The underwater life was amazing- beautiful corals, bright tropical fish (my favorite is the fairy basslet- see photo below), and best of all, sea turtles! The dive master had to chase me down a couple of times when I took off after a turtle; I just couldn't contain my excitement!
A yoga class and yoga done on a stand up paddle board completed the weekend.

