Saturday, August 16, 2014

Gemelos

The twins are here! Official photo shoot tomorrow, but Jen got a few good shots this morning.

I was up most of the night trying to coax the labor along, but was reminded once again of how little control I have as mom stalled out around 5 centimeters despite all my efforts. Babies looked great all night on their monitors; when day dawned I called the surgical team- pediatrician for one baby, OB-Gyn for the other baby (he's letting me stretch my wings a little and operate with him in the room but not scrubbed in), cardiothoracic/everything surgeon scrub tech, nurse anesthesiologist, and family medicine resident assist. Seriously, what amazing mentors and leaders I get to work under that the doctors with way more experience and training than I have will stand in a supportive role and let me primary!

6lbs 6 oz and 6 lbs 4 oz of perfection!  Thanks for all of you who were praying.