I got to be an attending again for a resident from my residency program for the last 3 weeks as Jen Nomides came to visit. She also happens to be a great friend, and I can't even express how much I have enjoyed having her here.
She's been a trooper as I've put her through her paces- clinic on her own without an interpreter, learning to ride my motorcycle and taking it down the hill and back up again at night on call, going for a run in our jungle humidity, 3 soon to be 4 ferry rides, and having to eat my cooking for 2 weeks. She has survived middle of the night deliveries including having to walk down the hill in the dark to get to the hospital in time, assisting in a C-section from the left side of the patient for the first time, having a gecko fall on her head, getting stung by a scorpion before doing a Jillian Michaels workout, and being away from her daughter for 3 weeks. I'm hoping she's had fun too- scuba diving, doctoring, napping, watching Sherlock, making me breakfast, and eating baleadas more times than we can count.
 |
| Jen and me scuba diving |
.JPG) |
| Jen learning to ride Cerdito (whom she also named) |
.JPG) |
| homemade pizza night! |
.JPG) |
| pressure dressing after scorpion bite |
.JPG) |
| breakfast by Jen; photo by Mackenzie |
Today is Jen's last day of family medicine residency! She is now board certified and ready to take on any new challenge that comes her way. I can definitely testify as to her skills and abilities- she is an amazing doctor, and a great friend. I love you Jen! Congratulations on being done with residency!!