Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Life lately

I am itchy all over. I can't tell if it is sweat, old bugbites, or new bugbites. My arms and legs look like a connect-the-dots puzzle. So do Jen's, my friend who is here completing her final 3 weeks of residency doing an elective rotation at my hospital. We went to Utila for the weekend and got bitten by more sandflies and other assorted bugs than I can count. We went diving, I got to go to a real live yoga class, and we drank delicious coffee in hot and cold forms at Rio Coco cafe.  It was worth the temporary irritation of itchy bites.



Also good news- Kent Brantly is now in the U.S., being treated at Emory, and improving every day. Praise God!! I thought this was a really cool article written by the head nurse at Emory about the decision to bring Kent and Nancy back to the U.S.  Please continue to pray for the many patients infected with Ebola in Liberia and the surrounding nations, and for Dr. John Fankhauser who is still working tirelessly at ELWA Hospital.