Design credit: Megan Simila with help from Pinterest.
You've seen the outside of the casita- now for a glimpse of the inside!
The porch outside has a lovely view of the ocean and I plan to make good use of the hammock in the coming hot days. I'm still looking around for patio furniture. Furniture acquisition in general is made more complicated by the distance between us and the nearest town to buy the furniture, as well as my lack of a personal vehicle to transport things.
As you enter the house, one of the first things you see is a wall size map. We put up photos of people I know and love throughout the world. There is more space if you want to send me a picture of yourself!
Looking to the left is a staircase up to a loft, then the two bedrooms and bathroom.
My bedroom is at the back of the house with jungle outside each window.
I have a canopy over my bed!
The living room has a pull-out sofa bed and loveseat that were found by the housing director, with sofa covers now covering them made by Megan. The pillows were also made by Megan- amazing!
[I had a near melt down in the fabric store, which I'll blame on it being pre-lunch and me being hungry, when Megan asked me to look for fabric which did not clash with the kitchen colors, coordinated with the wall hanging color, with some texture for interest but not so much that it was too busy with the sofa cover fabric. The red fabric fit the bill and was thankfully found quickly!]
[I had a near melt down in the fabric store, which I'll blame on it being pre-lunch and me being hungry, when Megan asked me to look for fabric which did not clash with the kitchen colors, coordinated with the wall hanging color, with some texture for interest but not so much that it was too busy with the sofa cover fabric. The red fabric fit the bill and was thankfully found quickly!]
The kitchen is big enough for an eating nook.
I'm ready to serve tea and coffee at any time. Come on by!










