Strange things happen in the jungle at night. Last night as I walked home from a neighbor's house, in my admiration of the stars and thin sliver of moon, I almost stepped on what seemed like a river flowing across my sidewalk. It was a stream of ants, carrying pieces of leaves larger and probably heavier than themselves. I followed the stream to the source, which was this bush in my front yard.
 |
| The bush that has been repurposed as an ant hill |
It had previously been full of beautiful leaves, but they were busy stripping it of all the beautiful pink curling ones. Maybe these are ants concerned with interior decoration?! There were so many of them and they were working so hard that you could actually hear a clicking sound coming from the bush as they chomped away at sections of leaves and carried them down to the ground.